Louis Zonnenberg studied Dutch law at Radboud University Nijmegen. He has been practising as a lawyer since 1980 and has been a partner at BANNING since 1988. Through his many years of experience he has become a specialist in the law of persons and family law, and works as a lawyer and divorce mediator. Thanks to his wide-ranging expertise he is also a much sought-after lecturer and author. In 2009 Louis promoted on the subject “Het verrekenbeding” in prenuptial agreement. In November 2016, Louis passed the specialization course Inheritance Law of the vFAS and on January 15, 2018 he successfully passed the examen Inheritance mediation.
Download the file for a detailed CV of Louis Zonnenberg.
- Lecturer at various postgraduate specialist courses, at BANNING Opleidingen and at Utrecht University;
- Former chairman of the Association of Family Lawyers and Divorce Mediators (vFAS) and former chairman of this association’s Legal Working Group.
- Deputy justice at the Courts of Appeal of The Hague and Amsterdam;
- Author of the Dutch publication ‘Scheidingsbemiddeling’ in the series of monographs on divorce law and author of the ‘Het verrekenbeding’ manual;
- Editorial member of EB, a magazine for divorce law and of theRechtspraak Familierecht (RFR) magazine;
- Forensic mediator;
- Certified member of the Mediators Federation Netherlands (MfN);
- Arbitrator of the Netherlands Arbitration Institute (N.A.I.)
- Together with Bart Breederveld he desings the possibility to obtain a Private Judgment from September 1, 2018.