Ranee van der Straaten graduated with a master’s degree in Information Law in 2009, from the Institute for Information Law of the University of Amsterdam. In 2005, she obtained her master’s degree in Film and Television Studies at the University of Utrecht.
Since 2009, Ranee has built up considerable experience in the field of intellectual property law, as an attorney. She is specialised in copyright law, design law and trademark law, in particular measures for preventing copying and unauthorised parallel imports. She also advises and litigates on behalf of (international) businesses in the field of e-commerce, unfair trading practices, advertising law and privacy. Since January 2016, Ranee has been part of the IP, IT and Privacy practice group at BANNING.
Ranee demonstrates a solid interest in her clients’ cases and works with enthusiasm according to a sound, sharp and structured approach.
- Member of the Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law
- Member of the Association for Copyright Law
- Member of Benelux Association of Trademark and Design Law
- Member of Law committee European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA)
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)