Frits Mutsaerts completed his law studies at Utrecht University. He is one of the first lawyers in the Netherlands to specialize in IT law. In 1982 he conducted the very first interlocutory proceedings on the protection of software. Frits assists national and international companies with well-known brand names on specialist legal matters in the field of intellectual property (trademark law, copyright, patent law etc.).
- preferred supplier for the Dutch IT sector association ‘ICT Office’
- co-founderof the Association of Informatics Lawyers VIRA
- co-editor of the Kluwer publication ‘ICT Model Contracts’ [ICT Modelcontracten]
- arbiter of the Foundation for the Settlement of Automation Disputes (SGOA), Rijswijk
- chairman of the Dutch Examination Institute for Information Science (EXIN), Utrecht–Dutch delegate and vice-chairman of the anti-counterfeiting committee of the European Communities Trademark Association
Frits resigned as a lawyer from the Orde van Advocaten (the Dutch Bar Association) in December of 2016 and has been working as a legal advisor ever since.